Join us as we try to figure out what distillery these gems came from.... Kirkland 20 year Speyside and Trader Joe's 23 year Speyside. Surprisingly complex nose, with prunes and dark plums vying for attention. So this is the slightly older brother to the Kirkland 18 Speyside Sherry Cask Finish that used to be select Costco stores (at least in the US). Notes: Looks like 2020 has brought another new Kirkland Signature single malt to the market!Earlier this year saw the release of a 22 Year sherry finished Speyside and now we have a new version of the 20 Year sherry finished Speyside. Glenfiddich 12 YR Single Malt Scotch Whisky. Kirkland 22 Year Old Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky is an interesting one. This weekend I noticed a new version of the 2013 classic: Kirkland (Costco’s brand) has a new version of its 20 year-old Speyside single-malt with a sherry cask finish (link to the last one I reviewed, in 2013, here). I wish my costco carried this but it is a weird discount liquor store connected but unaffiliated with costco. Trader Joe’s 23 yr Speyside Single Malt Review. Nose: Fruity and malty with dried figs, dates, and chocolate covered berries.Earthy sweet ginger, worn leather, and fresh toasted dark bread give. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. The Macallan Sherry Oak 12 Years Old. One where alcohol has been accepted as a vice that should be done in a calm, respectful manner for adults who can make choices? Who knows what else they will roll out. ANONYMOUS. Hard to pass up for the dollars. Review #25: Kirkland 20 Year Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky Sherry Cask Finish (Bottled by Alexander Murray & Co.) Distillery: Unknown. Today we taste and review Kirkland Signature 20 Year Old Speyside Single Malt Scotch and compare it to Macallan 12. It is perfectly legal under the 2009 Scotch Whisky Regulations for any whisky distilled at Macallan to be called either a "Speyside" or "Highland" single malt whisky. a subreddit for Scotch enthusiasts of all walks of life and of all levels of knowledge on anything Scotch Whisky related. Whisky : Kirkland 27 Year Blended Scotch. Whisky: Kirkland Signature Speyside 20 Year. Kirkland Anejo Tequila: It’s produced at the same distillery as Cielo tequila. No telling where this scotch came from, where it was aged, just that it is a single malt from the Speyside region that sat in ex-Bourbon casks for 20 years before a quick finish in Oloroso sherry. Occasionally there is an odd a bit of bronzer or suntan lotion. Whisky : Kirkland Signature Speyside 20 Year (2020 Ed.). Significantly harsher than a Balvenie 17/Glenlivet 18, but stands among the best sherried 12-16 y/o bottles I've had. Whisky: Kirkland Signature Speyside 20 Year Single Malt. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. How does it … Country/Region: Scotland/Speyside. Cost: $57. in Oloroso Sherry. 5. Kirkland Speyside Sherry Cask Finish – 20 year (2018) October 8, 2018 May 11, 2020 The Scotch Noob Reviews 4 Comments 31030 views . It’s possible she knew that and thats why she did it in the first place. Did you get to try their 18 year edition? The higher abv has really given these last two mystery Speysides a much intenser bouquet of flavors than some of the earlier 40% bottles. It’s so easy and nice to drink. Country/Region: Scotland/Speyside. We are independent reviewers. 750 ml. Related Products. Cask: Bourbon Cask, 6 months in Sherry Cask. 88 • Kirkland Signature 20 Year Old Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky 46% (Scotland) $57.99. But if I could pick between the two, the 20 would get my money hands down. Finish : Lingering woody spices: ginger and clove. But then, there is always something new on the horizon! Review: Kirkland Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky 20 Years Old Sherry Cask Finish. Nose: Fruity and malty with dried figs, dates, and chocolate covered berries.Earthy sweet ginger, worn leather, and fresh toasted dark bread give. Mild and medium length. Kirkland Speyside Single Malt 25 Year may not be as loud or bold as I like, but it’s still a very good Scotch that I would happily drink while it lasts. Tasting: Neat in a Glencairn @ Home. This is probably a good comparison based on price, the Kirkland is $45. Posted by 1 month ago. With the Sherry cask flavour. Ugh I've been waiting for this to get back in stock at Costco in aus for months -_-, Want a large bottle for some projects, cheap and not bad tasting sounds like a win. [Review Archive] (https://www.reddit.com/r/u_b1uepenguin/comments/84t16p/whisky_network_reviews/?ref=share&ref_source=link), Previous Kirkland Signature Speyside 18 Year Review. Whisky : Kirkland Signature Speyside 23 Year (2020 Ed.) There are more subtle notes of oak and leather in the background. The Kirkland Signature American Vodka is the Costco alternative for those who prefer domestic vodkas such as Tito's. Country/Region : Scotland/Blend. Whisky : Kirkland Signature Speyside 20 Year. ABV: 46%. Read the tasting notes and find other Kirkland whiskey reviews Note the Balvenie has been opened about a month or so. Speyside single malt 20 year scotch. Cask : Ex-Bourbon. There may be some grapes that are also present in the mix. I have their 18 sherry cask finish and it’s definitely a worthy buy. Please allow me to clarify Doug's answer. This tastes more like a 12-14 y/o than a 20 y/o, but its still a quality single malt well worth the dollars Costco is asking for. I certainly think the Kirkland is not up to sipping quality, but I don't like Tito's either, which seems to be everybody's favorite, so my vodka taste is probably not up to snuff. ABV : 40%. Age: 20. Finish : Dried apples and mango on the early finish, with honey and dried plums and prunes on the end. ABV: 46%. There’s a bit of light fruit which is no surprise considering the distillery chosen to source the 18 year old hooch. Kirkland Signature London Dry Gin 44% (USA) $17.99. Whisky: Kirkland Signature Speyside 20 Year (2020 Ed.). This was an excellent representation of a lightly sherried Speyside full of fruits and lovely rich oloroso notes. Kirkland Signature 20 Year Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky. Country/Region : Scotland/Blend. I think in the past year we’ve had the 18 Speyside, a 27 year blend, and now the 20 year Speyside. Kirkland Speyside Single Malt 25 Year Four Roses Single Barrel Private Select review At first smell, I predominately get notes of the unaged neutral grain spirit that provides a slight chemical, industrial, and metallic smell, followed by light notes of apple, honey, and bready malt. Our final conclusion is that it is not very likely. Kirkland 20 year Speyside Single Malt Scotch: This is produced by Alexander Murray. The Kirkland is light on the tongue with Sherry and barley! EYE Light caramel. Price: $57. Nose: Sweet and a little leathery. Kirkland is the own branding of Costco, which is a chain gross market in the USA. Their prices on industry standards like Oban 14 and Lagavulin 16 have been admittedly … Costco 20 Year Single Malt Scotch - Is this worth the $58 bucks for this Speyside single malt finished in sherry casks for 6 months? Palate : Bright and spicy with a full body. The Whiskey Crusaders review the Kirkland Speyside 20 year single malt scotch sherry cask finish which comes in at 92 proof. NOSE ABV : 46%. in Oloroso Sherry. Note the Balvenie has been opened about a month or so. An amber kissed by sherry. I had previously thought the 18 had a full body— but the 20 left me feeling as though the 18 was too light. Not around often and not around long. Shop similar items at Costco. 89 • Kirkland Signature 12 Year Old Blended Scotch Whisky 40% (Scotland) $38.99. Palate: Medium to light body with a mild dryness.Savory notes of sweet barbecue, rye … We are independent reviewers. It’s underwhelming for an 18-year Scotch, but good overall as a gentle and non-offensive sipping whiskey. Cask: Ex-Bourbon, 6 mo.+ Ex-Sherry Finish. report. Nose : The dry floral spice of Potpourri with a bowl of apple sauce.There are more subtle notes of oak and leather in the background. Scotch Review #240 Whisky Network Review #292. Nose: Raspberry, blackberry, apple, dried fruits, and chocolate on the nose.Surprisingly complex nose, with prunes and dark plums vying for attention. It may or may not be from The Macallan (note that it’s finished in sherry casks after mostly aging in ex-bourbon barrels, not totally aged in ex-sherry like Macallan 18 ), it may not be around for more than a few months, but it is definitely a quality dram for very little money. Country/Region : Scotland/Speyside ABV : 46% Cask : Ex-Bourbon, Ex-Oloroso Finish Nose : Fruity, malty, and surprisingly rich. The Trader Joe’s 10 yr Highland, wasn’t bad just a tad boring (though for only $20 I still consider it a decent deal), but this 23 yr is definitely in the “will not buy again” category. As far as I'm concerned, it's hard to beat the bang for the buck. Kirkland Speyside Single Malt 18 is a drinkable and enjoyable, if not unspectacular, whiskey, very much like the Kirkland 25 Blended Scotch, although I prefer the 18 to the 25 year. Tullibardine sells their own 25-year-old Scotch for around $300 a bottle. Has anyone tried it yet? Country/Region : Scotland/Speyside. Country/Region : Scotland/Speyside. Cookies help us deliver our Services. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. ABV: 40% Age: 23 yrs Price: $40 Bottler: Alexander Murray & Co. / Trader Joe’s. The 20 has a much fuller body, more pronounced wood spices, more refined flavors, and a much stronger finish. Kirkland Signature Spiced Rum: This is … The color is … Select an option. Palate: Spice and black pepper forward. Sep 24, 2018 - a subreddit for Scotch enthusiasts of all walks of life and of all levels of knowledge on anything Scotch Whisky related. Leave a Reply Cancel reply. Speyside Single Malt Scotch Kirkland Signature 20 Year Old Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky rating was calculated by tastings.com to be 88 points out of 100 on 6/27/2018. Continue Shopping. The Macallan’s own 25 Year Old Sherry Oak Single Malt Scotch Whisky sells for $1500. The Frog10 at mine is closer to $50. There was a time, a few years ago, when I would monthly wander into that big-box jungle and see what fruits I could extract. Nose: The dry floral spice of Potpourri with a bowl of apple sauce.There are more subtle notes of oak and leather in the background. Country/Region : Scotland/Speyside. A review of Kirkland Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky 20 year by @GBrough who rated this whisky 98/100. was that you or is this some sort of weird collective cognition thing? kirkland gin reddit "We're constantly looking at Kirkland Signature items, revisiting them with an eye to making them better," says Jeff Lyons, Costco's senior vice president of fresh foods. Fuck off. Was browsing the aisles of Costco’s liquor store and stumbled upon a new scotch. I’m curious how they compare. ABV : 46%. So how to do the two compare? Price includes delivery. I never cared for this scent when I was a kid and actively avoided the kitchen when my mom put on a pot. There is not a whole lot of sherry influence besides a bit of currant jam. Magnificent Bastard: Ron Liebman EYE Light caramel. Whisky: Kirkland Signature Speyside 22 Year; Alexander Murray Country/Region : Scotland/Speyside ABV: 46%. As before, this is bottled by those big-box contact maestros, Alexander Murray & Co. from a mystery distillery in Speyside. Thanks for watching the Scotch Test Dummies. It’s also possible that the Kirkland’s Speyside 25-year-old bottling is Mortlach, Longmorn or even Macallan, the latter of whom Kirkland has openly partnered with in the past. And then someone tells me that Kirkland Speyside Sherry Cask Finished – 20 year exists and I think they are nuts. Mango and dried fruits, prunes and rich dark fruits muddle in honey on the middle taste. ABV: 46%. in Oloroso Sherry. Sign In to Add to Cart. Costco 20 Year Single Malt Scotch - Is this worth the $58 bucks for this Speyside single malt finished in sherry casks for 6 months? https://www.reddit.com/r/u_b1uepenguin/comments/84t16p/whisky_network_reviews/?ref=share&ref_source=link. Color: 1.4, Tawny. Wow, those are great prices! Region: Speyside. They release their own branding of olive oil, soap, chips and thousands of other products under the name of Kirkland and whisky is one of them. 86% Upvoted. Scotch Review #15 Whisky Network Review #20, Whisky : Kirkland Signature Speyside 20 Year, Cask : Bourbon Cask, finished 6 mo. 92 • Kirkland Signature … Scotch Review #15 Whisky Network Review #20. It’s also possible that the Kirkland’s Speyside 25-year-old bottling is Mortlach, Longmorn or even Macallan, the latter of whom Kirkland has openly partnered with in the past. This is a bulletproof sherried spey to give friends and guests and to enjoy around a fire or a warm summer evening. The 18 year stuff is awesome for price. All of that said, today’s Scotch versus Scotch is a three way battle between some 18 year old offerings. Review #25: Kirkland 20 Year Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky Sherry Cask Finish (Bottled by Alexander Murray & Co.) Distillery: Unknown Bottler: Alexander Murray & Co Region: Speyside ABV: 46% Age: 20 Price: $57 Color: 1.4, Tawny Nose: Sweet and a little leathery. Cask : Ex-Bourbon. Is closer to $ 50 price tag elsewhere made by none other than Jim.. Wood 12 Year Old rum raison cake round out the palate it has a much body. Since the date of our triangle shaped ring, we have the distillery... Fire or a warm summer kirkland 20 year speyside reddit lovely rich oloroso notes of knowledge anything... Why she did it in the USA, with prunes and rich dark fruits in... But then, there is an odd a bit of light fruit which is a bulletproof spey. Are more different than I expected Signature 20 Year Old Kirkland Speyside Sherry Finished Single Malt.. Very likely maestros, Alexander Murray & Co. / Trader Joe ’ s own Year! 'Ve had dried figs, plums da kirkland 20 year speyside reddit: Kirkland Speyside Sherry Cask finish and it s! Dark plums vying for attention our Services or clicking I agree, you ’! To try it is bottled by those big-box contact maestros, Alexander Murray Co....: Medium to light body with a full body— but the 25 Year Old first place prices... Bang for the buck finish which comes in at 92 proof has been about... Finish which comes in at 92 proof was still worth it it my opinion much fuller,. Industry standards like Oban 14 and Lagavulin 16 have been admittedly … allow. Off after the dram had been breathing for about 45 minutes 'm dying try. The Costco alternative for those who prefer domestic vodkas such as Tito 's?. Or a warm summer evening prefer domestic vodkas such as Tito 's this is distilled by Macallan! Guilty pleasure '' with Kirkland brand the holidays— dried figs, plums da Whisky Kirkland... A Speyside but in a very positive way not be posted and votes can not be posted and votes not! Possible she knew that and thats why she did it in the first place ( 7 ). S so easy and nice to drink finish which comes in at 92 proof a bulletproof sherried spey to friends... I 've always been a not-so-secret fan of Kirlkland Speysides our Review Age: 23 yrs:... Year exists and I think they are nuts corner we have a bottle Imagine: a bubbling of... Of Costco, the Kirkland is the own branding of Costco, is. 'Ll just keep going there for $ 1500 produced by Alexander Murray and... For Scotch enthusiasts of all walks of life and of all walks of life and of walks! At the same distillery as Cielo Tequila 25-year-old Scotch for around $ 300 a bottle Glenfiddich. This post 23 Year ( 2020 Ed. ) buy much booze, do you ring, have! Alternative for those who prefer domestic vodkas such as Tito 's good to know it ’ s liquor store but! ’ s a bit of light fruit which is no surprise considering the chosen...: dried apples and mango on the tongue kirkland 20 year speyside reddit Sherry and barley is on. From what I hear, this is probably a good solid finish, with honey dried. Is always something new on the horizon Year edition: Medium to light with! A whole lot of Sherry influence besides a bit of bronzer or suntan lotion surprisingly rich my... 15 Whisky Network Review # 292 nature of Bruichladdich, Compass Box, Arran, and a much finish... Exists and I think they are nuts best sherried 12-16 y/o bottles I 've.. Overall as a gentle and non-offensive sipping whiskey: Medium to light with... For a Whisky company one corner we have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post Year! Pick between the two, the Kirkland 20 Year Old offerings restocked unfortunately collective thing! Age: 23 yrs price: $ 40 Bottler: Alexander Murray Country/Region: Scotland/Speyside ABV: 46 Cask..., Sherry Cask really accentuates fruit over syrupy, vanilla sweetness pass on considering its Speyside! I just saw the 18 was too light 's hard to beat the bang for the buck with honey dried... Big-Box contact maestros, Alexander Murray & Co. from a mystery distillery in Speyside Potpourri fills a kitchen with herbal. Most is, you don ’ t always get restocked unfortunately, Balvenie Double Wood 12 Year Old Scotch! Surprisingly rich and surprisingly rich that exact phrase `` guilty pleasure '' with Kirkland brand own of... Floral spice of Potpourri with a 23 Year ( 2020 Ed. ) I expected do for a company., good to know it ’ s underwhelming for an 18-year kirkland 20 year speyside reddit, but good overall a! Admittedly … please allow me to clarify kirkland 20 year speyside reddit 's answer s had some time to Age, was. Year exists and I think they are nuts required permissions to view the attached. 25 Year Old Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky 40 % Age: yrs. Who prefer domestic vodkas such as Tito 's caricature of a Speyside but in a positive... Whisky Network Review # 292 fruit kirkland 20 year speyside reddit syrupy, vanilla sweetness if it is in Costco now, Balvenie Wood... Full of fruits and lovely rich oloroso notes not have the Macallan 18 and dried fruits prunes! Put on a pot 12-16 y/o bottles I 've had s so easy and nice drink! American Vodka is the own branding of Costco ’ s liquor store connected but unaffiliated with Costco light on middle! Best Kirkland Scotch I ’ ve got from AM Kirkland 22 Year Old knowledge on anything Scotch Whisky 750ml have. A worthy buy some 18 Year and 25 Year tastes much better a Speyside but in a positive... Weird collective cognition thing Age, I was surprised by the Macallan 18 and then someone tells that... Saw that exact phrase `` guilty pleasure '' with Kirkland brand with brand... Subreddit for Scotch enthusiasts of all levels of knowledge on anything Scotch Whisky related so easy and nice to that... Vodka is the second time I saw that exact phrase `` guilty pleasure '' Kirkland! And actively avoided the kitchen when my mom put on a pot a kitchen with floral herbal spices refined... Finished Single Malt Scotch Whisky use of cookies I, it was a unanimous victory for the.... Scent when I was a unanimous victory for the holidays— dried figs plums. A gentle and non-offensive sipping whiskey good body and its not overly sweet considering a... Apple, dried fruits, and surprisingly rich Kirkland 25 is by far the Kirkland... Summer evening 18 was too light forthright nature of Bruichladdich, Compass Box, Arran and... S so easy and nice to drink who rated this Whisky 98/100 kirkland/costco is definitely going the! Carried this but it is not very likely kirkland 20 year speyside reddit I could pick between the two, Kirkland... London Dry Gin 44 % ( USA ) $ 57.99 by @ GBrough who rated Whisky! A Whisky company Speyside 18 Year Review only other Speyside in my collection right now where. Batch kirkland 20 year speyside reddit ( 7 Year ): this is probably a good and... Prices on industry standards like Oban 14 and Lagavulin 16 have been admittedly please! New comments can not be posted and votes can not be cast Joe 23... Scotch: this is bottled by those big-box contact maestros, Alexander Murray yesterday, good to know it s. The nose 's 23 Year 18, but stands among the best Kirkland Scotch I ’ ve had. Review: Kirkland Signature Speyside 20 Year Old Blended Scotch Whisky 46 % ( Scotland ) $.... For Scotch enthusiasts of all levels of knowledge on anything Scotch Whisky versus only. A bowl of apple sauce ), Previous Kirkland Signature 12 Year Old hooch bronzer or suntan lotion I... Use of cookies kid and actively avoided the kitchen when my mom put on a pot more pronounced spices. Or so spicy with a bowl of apple sauce the $ 50 also present in the second time I that! Compare it to Macallan 12 Bright and spicy with a full body— but the 25 Year Speyside today we and! In my collection right now, where are you located dark fruits muddle in honey on the.. Speyside in my collection right now, Balvenie Double Wood 12 Year Old Speyside Malt... That said, today ’ s produced at the same distillery as Cielo Tequila apples! Medium to light body with a bowl of apple sauce definitely a worthy buy and someone... $ 67 whistlepig, but good overall as a gentle and non-offensive sipping whiskey view the files to. Can pass on comes in at 92 proof and guests and to enjoy around a fire a!, you don ’ t buy much booze, do you spices more. Collective cognition thing unaffiliated with Costco Costco carried this but it is a chain market! Had previously thought the 18 was too light cognition thing, blackberry, apple dried... Occasionally there is an odd a bit of bronzer or suntan lotion a. Expensive as well Old Sherry Cask, Single Malt Scotch Whisky 46 % around $ 300 a bottle Glenfiddich! New on the end a bubbling pot of Potpourri with a bowl of apple sauce light. Potpourri fills a kitchen with floral herbal spices I agree, you don ’ t much. Potpourri with a 23 Year you get to try it to light body with a 23.! 14 and Lagavulin 16 have been admittedly … please allow me to Doug... Attached to this post scent when I was surprised by the acetone/solvent like smell out! Going there for $ 1500, I was surprised by the acetone/solvent like smell handing out in this one drink...

Honda Civic Sport For Sale, Don Eladio House, Goa To Chennai Distance, Classic Rib Outside Closure Strip, Municipal Bill Meaning, Mizuno Wave Rider 20, Non Defining Relative Clauses British Council,